Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Eddie come in out of the cold

The minimum temperature last night was 20 F. I noticed Eddies paw prints on the powder layer of snow on the deck as I was making the daily fire. He might have smelled the smoke because a few minutes later As I was making coffee I saw Eddie walk purposefully past the kitchen door headed for the deck. I went around and opened the front door and he came right in. I Left Niko and him and peace in the loft as I finished the morning rituals. I pulled out the barbecued ground buffalo I'd saving for this occasion, thinking to improve the positive aspects of the house inners with food association, and went up into the loft to share it. Eddie was shaking and looking around at the skylights and seemed very apprehensive. The wood stove was popping furiously as it was coming up to temperature. He did not want anything to do with treats so after trying for few minutes and feeding Niko some I gave up on the buffalo treats not wanting to cause more stress so I went back down into he kitchen with Niko in tow following the treats. Eddie came down but did not want treats and happened to step on a rubber flip-flop (thongs to some people) which were on the floor. He startled and left a four 18 inch long skid marks of his claws, two from each foot on the concrete floor. One way to trim the tow nails I suppose.

My plan is to ignore him, and let him warm up and then try to get him to take a treat or two perhaps out on the deck. I put on Pandora Internet Radio playing Indigo girls and some music to try and make Eddie relax. I don't want any chance of hearing about Rush Limbaugh the new voice of the republican party on radio. I suppose he is just more evidence that you can put lipstick on a pig and have people embrace the new beauty... as long as those people are republicans.... what else could you conclude from the evidence. Lipstick or not I think he is national embarrassment, and what really blows me away is his prominence in what used to be a respectable political party.

Hooray Hooray... as I was spell checking this Eddie came up from the landing and settle on Niko's bed.... food for a new theory about change being the most scary thing for Eddie. More on the later unless Eddie's patient fans are lucky. The weather this morning was party cloudy with nice sunshine beautifully lighting the new snow. So did he come in toe get out of the cold or because the weather improved his overall disposition making the house less scary or both. Or some thing else? At least he has decided to grace us with presence inside yet again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home